Articles are individual pages of content, which can then be assigned to categories where applicable. You can choose to make articles viewable by everyone, members only or administrators.
The article manager is located within the content tab in the Dashboard.
You can also go the quick edit menu found in the top left black navigation bar.
Add new article
1. Click new article
2. Choose to either show or hide the article title.
3. Teaser: The teaser is a short overview of what the article is about. If the article is only available to members, this section will be visible to visitors so a great place to highlight your content.
4. Body Content: Enter the article text into the body field using the editor. Insert images, embed audio or videos. If you need more guidance with the editor, please either contact support, or search here.
5. Summary Field: Content used here will be displayed in a section at the bottom of the published body content. Not compulsory to use this section.
6. Tags: The tag field will help to link related articles to one another
NOTE: Tags can be single words or actual phrases. If you give two or more articles the same tag they become 'related'. Once articles are related they will show a link to each other at the bottom or the published article.
7. Add Meta Tags: Update these fields to help with your SEO score.
Title tag: Insert the category title - but do not include spaces, symbols or non relevant keywords.
Description Tag: Include a description of the web page. No more than 160 characters.
8. Allow Access In this section you decide who can view the article. By default the article is set to be viewable by administrators.
The options available are: Administrator / Everyone / Members Only
NOTE: If you want to allow 'Pay-per view' the article must be set to be viewable by 'Members Only'. If you check the 'Allow Pay-per view' box then non members can pay a fee to view the article. NOTE: Once you have created your article you must then create the pay-per-view article in your online store.
9. Assigning to a Category When creating an article you need to decide which category or categories it will be assigned to.
In this section you will see a list of all your existing categories: Once the article has been assigned to a category it's title and teaser will be displayed on the category page.
If you want the article to appear in multiple categories, you can select one or more 'Additional Categories'.
- Select the additional category from the drop down list titled 'Select Additional Categories':
- Click the 'Add Category' button
- The page will auto save and you will get taken to the top of the editing article page.
- Scroll back down to the 'Assign to Category' section and you will see the additional category has been added:
- To delete the article from showing in an additional category you need to check the box next to the category title and click delete selected. You can assign an article to as many additional categories as you need.
10. Publish Information: Helpful if you want to upload a batch of articles ahead of time, or if you need to modify the order the articles appear in. Modify the publish date to mange when the articles are scheduled to appear.
NOTE: When you are logged in as an administrator you will see all articles even if they are set to publish in the future.
11. Author/Source If you want to state who wrote the article or where is was sourced from enter the details in this field. It will appear at the top of the published title alongside the publish date. You can choose to hide both the author source field and publish date from an individual article, simply check the box.
12. Allowing User Comments You can allow either visitors or members to post comments at the end of an individual articles. By default this is set to 'no comments allowed. The options available to you are: Only members can create and view comments Only members can create comments but everyone can view them Everyone can create comments and also view them As an administrator you have the ability to delete any user comments.
13. Publish Article Once you have finished editing your article you must click Save.
Options: Choose to either preview the article before publishing - publish now or undo to cancel the most recent changes since the last save.
NOTE: To ensure the changes go live you must 'Publish Now'. You will be notified that your article has now been published.