The pay-per-view feature allows you to sell individual articles in the store.
Watch the video:
There are two parts for creating a pay-per-view article:
- Setting the article up as pay-per-view.
- Creating it as a product in the store.
Creating the pay-per-view article
- Click Articles in the blue side menu.
- Create a new article to sell or click to edit an existing article.
- In the right hand sidebar, set Viewable by to Members Only.
- The Pay-per-view option will then unfurl.
- Enable the Allow Pay-per-view feature with the toggle switch.
- NOTE: PPV articles CANNOT be assigned a member group.
- Click Save as Draft.
- And Publish Now.
The article will now be enabled to add to your online store.
How to add a pay-per-view article to the store
- Click Store.
- From the drop down menu, select Pay Per View.
- Enter the title to be displayed in the store.
- Assign your article to the relevant category, if applicable.
- Set who the product to be viewable to Everyone.
- Select Article as the product type.
- Select the Article from the drop down list.
How to set article access
Access Time Limit: You can restrict the length of time a customer has access to the article. It is defaulted to zero, which means there are no limits and the customer can return to read the article at any time.
Access Number Limit: You can restrict the number of times the article can be viewed. The number of times the article can be viewed is defaulted to zero, this means the customer can view the article as many times as they wish.
- Add a product Description.
- Click Choose file to select an image from your computer.
- Enter the Price. Do not include any currency symbol.
- Offer a Member Discount which will override the default discount on your store setup page.
How to add product SEO with meta tags
- Title Tag: add up to a 70 character unique, descriptive product title.
- Description Tag: add a 160 character product description.
How to save your product
- Click Add Product button.
To see how this appears on the store front, click View Store in the blue sidebar menu.
A link will also be added to any members-only messages on articles. If a non-member tries to view a members-only article, they can click on the link and have the option to purchase the single article.