There are three types of product that can be sold through the online store:
- Physical goods or services.
- Digital downloads.
- Articles (Pay Per View).
The store cannot be used for free products.
Your SubHub site will allow you to display and take payment for items, however it does not manage the dispatch of physical goods.
How to set up your store front
- In the blue sidebar menu, click Store.
- Select Configure Store from the drop down menu.
- Give your store a title.
- Include a store message if you want.
- Save these settings before proceeding with the next steps.
How to set up product categories
- Click Configure Product Categories button.
- Click Add New Category button.
- Enter a Category Name.
- Set the visibility.
- Click Save Categories.
What are the options for shipping
Shipping rates can be configured:
- Per item
- Per basket
- Per product
The per item shipping charge will be applied to every item that is placed in the customers shopping cart. For example, if a customer purchases five books, they would be charged the shipping rate five times. A multiple item discount can be offered along with the Per item shipping rate. The discount is taken off the shipping fee total.
Per basket cost
The basket shipping rate will apply to the entire chart regardless of how many items it contains. For example, if the customer purchases five books, they would get charge a fixed amount.
Per individual product
On each individual product page, you can set a shipping cost that will override the Per item shipping configuration in the Store Setup.
How to configure shipping rates for physical products
- Using the Shipping Method picker.
- Select Per item or Fixed charge per basket.
- Click the Save Shipping Method button.
How to set the shipping charges
- Click Configure Shipping Rates button.
- Click the Add New Shipping Rate button.
- Add a Rate Name. This could identify the type of delivery service or differentiate location.
- Add the Per Item or Basket Cost - depending on the shipping method you have chosen.
- If using the Per item cost, you can provide a discount for a multiple item purchase.
- Click Save Shipping Rates.
To update shipping rates , click Remove button and start over.
How to set up your tax
- Select whether the shipping will be taxed.
- Enter your Tax Rate.
- Decide when the tax will be calculated.
Before Checkout: the tax will be shown before checkout.
After Checkout: the tax will only be added to the price at checkout.
- Enter the tax name.
- Enter the State, if based in the USA. If not, select Non-US/Other.
- Enter a non-resident tax rate if you are required to collect sales tax from residents in other US states.
- Enter the country your business is based in.
How to set up your confirmation email
A confirmation email will automatically be sent to customers when they make a purchase.
You will receive a copy of this email to alert you that an order has been placed.
- Edit the example email addresses.
- Enter your own email address into the Email address to send orders to field.
- Enter your own email address into the Email address to send orders from field.
- Customise the text of the Thank-you Email Subject.
- Customise the text of the Thank-you Email Text.
- Customise the text of the pop up Checkout message.
How to enable stock settings
- Tick Enable Stock Levels.
You now have the ability to enter stock numbers on individual product pages. When a product is purchased, the number in stock will update accordingly. Once all the products have been sold, the product will appear as unavailable.
How to add a default member discount
- Enter a number in the Default Member Discount field.
This percentage discount will be applied to all products once a member logs in.
You can also override the default member discount on a per product basis within the individual product page.
How to set the access to download products
- Enter a numerical value for the number of days a buyer will be able to download the product after purchase.
- Download Limit: enter a numerical value for how many times a buyer can download the product after purchase.