You can use any file type as a download on your site. Before you can link to a download, it must uploaded to the download manager.
How to add a download to the file manager
- Under Content, click File Downloads.
- Click on Add New Download.
- Set who can view the file.
- Give the file a title and description
- Click Choose File to upload the file from your computer.
- Set Member Group access - if applicable.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Large files or a slow Internet connection will result in slow upload or a timeout. If this occurs please try reducing the file size.
How to get the download link
To enable your visitors and members to access a download, you need to create a link to the download page.
- Click on File Downloads.
- Click on the title of the download.
- Copy the location of the download from the address bar in the browser.
- The downlink link is only the portion of the URL after the .com
If the URL is 'subhub.com/downloads/20180110' then the download link is:
To create a download that opens immediately after one click, add /download to the end of the Link URL. It will look like this:
How to link to the download
- Highlight the text or image where you want to add the link.
- Click on the insert link icon in the editor.
- In the pop-out window, paste the download URL into the Link URL field.
- Set the target to open in New Window.
- Click Ok to add the link to the download
- Save and Publish Now.
Access a download report
The Download Report reveals how many times each download has been viewed by your site members.
- Click Reports.
- Select Member Download Report.
- Enter a date range in the date picker.
- Click Get Report.