If you are charging for subscriptions to your site or selling products through the store you need to set up your preferred payment processor. You can choose to accept payments using either PayPal or Stripe or both.
Setting Up PayPal
PayPal is already fully integrated into your site and you can take payments at no extra charge from SubHub. PayPal offer several types of account and you must ensure you have a 'Website Payments Standard' account.
Before you use your account with your SubHub site you must login to your PayPal account and activate the following settings:
- Login to Paypal and click 'Profile'
- Select Instant Payment Notification
- Click on the 'Activate Instant Payment Notification' link and enter the following URL in the the 'Notification URL' field -
(Remember to replace 'yoursitename' with the URL to your SubHub site.)
- Save and then click back to profile link
- Click onto Website Payment preferences, switch on and add the same URL as above.
- Click 'Save' and your PayPal account should now be correctly set up.
Integrate your PayPal account
To integrate your account you need to know the email address you used to set up your PayPal account. Go to 'Settings' 'Payment Processor' and you will see a field titled 'PayPal Email Address'. Enter your PayPal email address in this field and click 'Save'.
Your account will be instantly integrated and you can now start taking money through your site.
Select your chosen currency from the drop down menu.
Testing your PayPal account
To ensure your PayPal is properly set up and integrated we recommend that you go through the sign up process yourself to carry out a test transaction.
To do this you need to logout of your site and click on the 'join now' link in the footer of the site.
Go through the subscription process to check your PayPal account is correctly set up.
NOTE: Don't forget to login to your PayPal account to refund and cancel the recurring subscription!