Promo codes are way to offer special subscription deals to specific people or groups. Only after the promo code has been entered during the subscribe process, does the special subscription plan become visible.
It's important to know that promo code plans are in addition to your existing plans.
Use promo codes to offer discounted, free days and free membership plans. To create a plan that has a promo code:
- Click Subscription Plans in the Control panel.
- Select Create new subscription plan button.
- Create a plan as normal
In the Promotional Code field, enter the code for visitors to use. This code will be given to users to claim the special offer.
An example promotional offer might be five free days of access. It would be set up like this:
- Recurring Payment: No
- Payment Frequency: Days : 5
- Promotional Code: 5FreeDays
- Available: Decide who the offer is for
- Amount: 0.00
Tick Active and Save
The promo code plan is now ready to use and the code can sent out to your intended audience.
How a promo code is redeemed by a user
A user will enter the code during the subscription process in the promo coupon/code field. Once entered, the special plan will become visible for the user to select.
How to enable the promo coupon/code field on the subscribe page
- Click Settings
- Select the Subscription Plan tab
- Under Subscription Fields heading, tick Promo/ Coupon Code