A number of site owners have recently contacted us to report that PayPal have been sending emails with regards to IPN Messages.
The message reads -
Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:
If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.
We have contacted PayPal about this issue and have been advised that site owners that use PayPal and receive this message should do the following -
1. Log in to your PayPal account
2. Click here - https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view
3. Click on My Selling Preferences
4. Click on Instant Payment Notifcations - Update
5. Check your IPN Notification is - https://yoursite.ssl.subhub.com/paypal_ipn (yoursite is your SubHub development site name)
6. Check your message delivery is set to - Enabled
7. Then click on IPN History Page link in the first paragraph.
8. You may see a number of transactions here, and also select to search in the past month also.
9. Select all transactions, and click to resend.
Sometimes connections will fail, and PayPal will keep trying to send the Instant Payment Notifications, but it may be necessary to manually resend these from your PayPal account.
If you have any questions about this or would like to discuss this with SubHub Support, please use the support desk or email email@example.com