Stripe is a great payment processor to use if you are looking to take recurring and one off payments using a credit or debit card.
Setting up your Stripe account is super easy, as you don't need to have a merchant account to start taking payments.
There are two parts to setting up Stripe, obtaining your Stripe Secret Key and setting up your Stripe Webhook. Please remember to do both.
NOTE: Each website must have its own Stripe account. You cannot use the same Stripe secret key on multiple websites.
Create Your Stripe Account
2. You will then see the Welcome to Stripe box appear
3. Click on - Activate Your Account in the left-hand menu. You will be sent a confirmation email.
4. Fill out the Account Applications
5. Fill out the Business Settings (Timezone and Country information)
6. Fill out the Public Information - your Company and Website details which will appear on your invoices and customer transactions.
7. Set up your bank account details here
8. Stripe has a number of other features you can explore via this Managing Account Section. Please contact Stripe support if you need further help with your account set up.
9. The final step is to ensure you have verified your Stripe account by clicking on the link in the email sent from Stripe.
Set Up Stripe for your SubHub Website
1. Log into your Stripe Dashboard
2. In the left-hand menu > Select Developers then API Keys
3. Click Reveal live key Token
4. Copy the Live Secret Key string of characters
5. Open your SubHub site in a new tab/window
6. Log in and go to your Site Settings > Payment Processor
7. Paste in your Stripe Live Secret Key code
8. Save Settings
9. Your Stripe account will be set to Test as default. Change this to Live to start accepting payments.
10. We would also advise you to take a test payment immediately to ensure it's working correctly.
Please remember to verify your Stripe account by clicking on the verification link which will be sent to your email address.
Setting up your Stripe / SubHub Webhook
1. Login to Stripe
2. In the left-hand menu, select Developers then Webhooks
3. Click - Add endpoint for the top option - Receiving events from your account
4. In the URL field add: https://www.yoursite.com/stripe
5. Click the blue 'receive all events' link in the window.
6. Click - Add endpoint
FINAL STEP: Always make a test payment before launching your site.