Coupon codes can be created to offer store discounts and to promote subscription and course sign-ups.
How to create a coupon code
- In your Control Panel.
- Click Generate Income in the blue sidebar menu.
- From the drop down menu, select Coupon Codes.
- Click Create new coupon code.
- Enter a Name.
- Add a unique Code that will be given to users.
- Set the Percent Off.
- Enter the Duration of how long the discount will be applied to the purchase.
- Using the pop-out calendar add an Expiration date. The expiry date cannot be past 5 years.
- Enter the number of Maximum allowed Redemptions.
You cannot offer a coupon code with the discount value of 100%.
Duration options vary according to your payment processor.
- Stripe offers three options: Once, Multi Month and Forever.
- PayPal only supports the option: Forever.
If you offer both PayPal and Stripe as payment gateways and choose 'once or multi' as your duration then PayPal will be hidden as a payment option. The visitor will only be able to pay using Stripe.
Where do users enter coupon codes
On the Subscribe page, coupons are entered into the Promo code field.
In the Store, coupons are entered into the Order Summery column on the Cart page.
How coupons work in the store
Coupon discounts will apply to the total cart purchase. They cannot be applied to an individual item in a cart of multiple purchases.