Anchor links allow a user to leapfrog to a specific point within the same page or even to another page.
How to create the anchor
- Position your cursor where you want to place the anchor.
- Click Insert in the toolbar.
- Then click the anchor icon.
- Add a short ID in lower case letters. Click OK.
- You will now see the anchor icon in the text.
How to create the link to the anchor
- Highlight the word a user would click to get to that anchor.
- Click the Insert/edit link icon in the editor.
- A window will popup.
- Next to the Anchors label, select the anchor ID from the dropbox menu.
- Set the Target to None.
- Click OK.
The anchor link has now been created.