As you build your website, it's important that you test the member experience.
Being logged in as an admin is a different experience from being logged in as a member.
Two differences are:
- Admin view has access to all the content
- The member’s My Account link isn’t visible to admins
You can add yourself as a member either manually or through the subscription process.
Add yourself manually:
- Click My Members, then Member Manager
- Click the green 'Add' button
- In the Personal tab, enter an email and password
- Choose the Member role
- In the Subscription tab, assign a plan
- Select a future expiry date using the pop out calendar
- Click Save
Subscribe as a member:
- Create a test subscription plan
- Set the plan price for $1 or free
- Subscribe to the plan
Once subscribed, you can then log in and navigate the site as a member.
Issues to test:
- Does each member group have access to the correct content
- Is the organisation of content intuitive
- Is the site easy to navigate
Become familiar with the My Account link so you can be prepared to answer member questions.
The My Account link is how your members will manage all aspects of their subscription. From the drop down menu options, members can:
- Change their password
- Change personal details
- Edit their member profile
- View their orders
- View their list of favorited content
- Access their courses
- Update their payment method
- Add or upgrade their subscriptions
- Contact you
If a former member wants to resubscribe, they need to log in as a member, using their original credentials, and upgrade their account.