Your Site Title and Site description are very important for SEO. The words you use will help search engines to understand what your website is about. Make sure you're incorporating the keywords that would be used to search for your product.
- Click Settings.
- Select Metadata tab.
Site Title guidelines:
- Your Site title should be written like this: Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
- It should be approximately 55 characters in length including spaces
Your site title will appear in the browser tab.
Site Description guidelines:
- Write a compelling description which a user would want to click on
- This is the snippet that will display in search results
- 150 to 160 characters is the recommended length
While the site description does not impact search ranking, it can influence your click through rate.
Allow Search Engines to scan the site:
By default your site will be hidden from the search engines. This is to give you time to get your site ready to launch.
Once you have pointed your domain name to your site and gone live, you should change this option to Yes to allow search engines to index your site on your live domain. Click save settings and your changes will be saved.