Before publicly launching your membership website, you must test the subscription process - both to confirm the process is working and understand the user experience.
Test your plan after you have completed the set up of your payment processor.
How to create the test plan
- Create a subscription plan.
- Set it to Recurring.
- Set the price to a nominal amount.
- Log out and go to the Subscribe page.
- Purchase the plan.
- Login as a member and confirm you can access the correct content.
Confirm your Automated Emails
After sign up, members receive a confirmation email that includes the details of their subscription. Be sure you have completed the set up of this email.
How to test the cancellation process
- After 24 hours, log in as a member.
- Click the My Account link in the top menu.
- Select Manage Subscriptions from the drop down menu.
- Click Cancel.
- Log out as a member and log in as an admin.
- Click Member Manager and confirm the subscription is Expired.
- Log into Stripe or PayPal and confirm the subscription is expired there.
Understand the My Account link
Take some time to become familiar with the menu items in the My Account drop down list. This is where your members will manage all aspects of their subscriptions.
From the drop down menu, they can cancel or upgrade their subscription, edit their personal and payment details, update their password, view orders and access purchased courses and favorited articles.
The My Account link is not visible when logged in as an admin.