The Course Editor allows you to create courses that can be sold separately or as part of a membership.
How to create the individual course content
The individual lessons that make up your course content are created using the Article editor.
- Click Articles in the blue sidebar.
- Click Add New Article.
- Enter your lesson title.
- In the Body, add your lesson content. Video, audio and PDFs can all be incorporated as part of the lesson material.
- Allow access to Members Only. Do not assign it to any member group.
- Click Save and Publish Now.
The same article can be used in multiple drip courses.
How to create your course subscription plan
- Click Subscription Plans in the blue sidebar menu and select to create a new subscription plan.
- Give your course a title.
- Set Course Subscription to Enabled.
- Select the payment frequently of the plan.
- Set Lifetime Access to Yes if user should always have access to the course.
- If the drip content course is to be part of a member subscription, assign a member group to the plan.
- And Save.
NOTE: To allow multiple active subscriptions, tick the Do Not Limit setting found in the Payment Processor tab via Settings.
How to create & schedule a course
- Click the Course Editor blue sidebar menu to launch the editor where you will create your course pages.
- Select the subscription plan from the menu picker.
- Select how frequently course material will be delivered: daily, weekly or monthly.
- Enter a brief course description.
- Upload a square or rectangular cover image that will represent your course.
How to add course content and create course sales page
- Click +Add Section
- Enter a Section/module/chapter title.
- Provide a brief description.
- Click the +Add Articles button and tick all the articles that are to be part of the first section of your course.
How to schedule lesson delivery
- Next to each Article field, click the arrow in the schedule field.
- Assign the first piece of content to Send Instantly.
- Increase the numerical value for each subsequent lesson.
- To remove an article, click the trash can.
- Add as many sections as required.
- When the course is completed, click Save and Publish Now.
How to add a navigation menu link to the course sale page
- Launch the Homepage Editor.
- Click top navigation layout.
- Scroll to the bottom of Side Bar and click Menus.
- Select Top or Bottom menu.
- Click +add menu.
- Enter the Link Title.
- Set the URL to: /featured-courses
How a user accesses their purchased course
Members will always be able to access their purchased courses using the My Account link in the top navigation menu by clicking the My Courses link from the drop down menu.
Email notification of new content
Members receive email alerts when new drip content is delivered and available to view.
Content scheduled as 'Send Instantly' will be available immediately upon member log in. No email notification is sent in this case.
To craft the notification message, click Settings in the blue sidebar menu, then the Messages tab. In the Drip Content Email field, enter your custom message.
How to disable a course on the sales page
To remove a course from the Featured Course page, find it in the Subscription Plans list and click Edit. At the bottom of the plan page, select Disabled and Save.
How to manually add a user to a course.
- Click My Members in the blue sidebar
- Select Member Manager.
- Search for the member.
- Click the Courses tab on the member account page.
- Tick the course to enable access.
- And Save.
NOTE: once you grant access to a course, it CANNOT be revoked.