The article carousel lets users cycle through content by category. This layout can be added to public, member and customised homepages.
How to edit the carousel layout
- Launch the Homepage Editor in the control panel.
- In the right-hand Design Area, hover over over the Carousel layout and click the pencil icon.
- The Sidebar Menu will load with the editing options.
- Set the Section Width with the range slider.
- Select the Number of Posts that a user will be able to cycle through on the carousel.
- Tick to show headings and add the text in the boxes.
- Tick to display article title.
- Tick to Use an Image Overlay. This will add a filter to enhance the title's visibility.
- Set the overlay's opacity with the range slider.
- From the drop down menu, Select a Category. The most recent articles from this category will display in the article Carousel.
How to add the carousel image
The image that displays in the carousel is uploaded using the Featured Image field on the Article page.
- Click Add Article.
- Click Select Cover Image button.
- Select an image from the image manager or upload one from your computer.
- Click Insert.
For best presentation, crop and resize all images to the same size before uploading them.
Suggested dimensions: 400 x 400 pixels for a square.
Please note: The carousel images will not display within the homepage editor. Log out or click View as Visitor to see the images displayed.